2011 Milage Goal 1000 2011 Strength Goal 300 sessions

2011 goal 1000 Miles..

Jan: 63
Feb: 31
March: 79 :)
April...92 woo-hoo
May 75
June: 102!! sweet (+half 1/2 marathon)
July 84
August 114!!!! thanks to my new UT running buddy!!
Sept: 92
Oct: 70 (not my best month)

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

No IPOD???

Oh how I dislike speedwork. Bla! It is what I need though.
This mornings run brings to mind the quote

"
If running were meant to be easy it wouldn't be hard right?"

8:30 am. 5 miles speedwork. CHECK.
The first day of September is here, which to me screams,
Goodbye blessed summer
Hello wonderful FALL :)

Recap of the days events thus far:

1) Alarm clock goes off 5:00 am. I beg my husband to not go early to school and let me run at 7 instead of 5:30. He bargins, then agrees. I fall back asleep proud of my extra ZZZZ's.
2. Wake up get dressed, discover my IPOD is DEAD. UGH, consider taking the time to charge it, but the clock is ticking and time is wasting. I leave out the door nervous, because I don't remember the last time I ran more than one mile without my music.

3. Start running- Mile 3ish-"What is that noise- oh thats my breathing" it was honestly weird to hear my own breathing, and I didn't like it- the noise reminded me that I was tired.
*note to self* Do not run without an IPOD ever again!!!

4. A Portland sunrise looked like this- this morning,:) Gray and gray, but it still felt AMAZING, to be up, to be running, and to be sticking to my goals. And the leaves weren't as colorful as this picture, but it was exciting to see a few red and oranges ones just starting to change. :)