2011 Milage Goal 1000 2011 Strength Goal 300 sessions

2011 goal 1000 Miles..

Jan: 63
Feb: 31
March: 79 :)
April...92 woo-hoo
May 75
June: 102!! sweet (+half 1/2 marathon)
July 84
August 114!!!! thanks to my new UT running buddy!!
Sept: 92
Oct: 70 (not my best month)

Monday, September 6, 2010

4 mile Labor Day

Today I am starting to feel a tiny bit of panic for my low milage.
Dang Ankle and its referral pain have set me back, but I am still going.
In reviewing other 10.10.10 training blogs I am reminded that my original training plan would have had my long runs near 20 miles right now. I just did my longest run since my 1/2 marathon in the spring, only 10 miles.
What does this all mean: INJURIES STINK. And there is no rushing recovery.
So since my left side is improving daily (minus that dang piriformis muscle) I upped my milage on my training. Instead of a 12 this Saturday I am going for a 14, then the next Sat. a 18 then a 20. Followed by a recovery 10 miler SAt. Then the race. SO SOON!
I know it will be tough, but I can do it, I feel that I must do it or pay the consequences on race day-which is my greatest fear.
As anyone who has ran a marathon knows, you would rather pay for it in training-
to avoid it on D-Day.
As for today's run- it was a fast pace 4 miles with my boys.
(I decreased today's milage in preparation for a longer run on Saturday).
I love Holiday's I get to run with my husband and our side kick Jack.
A great team indeed.
Happy Labor Day.