2011 Milage Goal 1000 2011 Strength Goal 300 sessions

2011 goal 1000 Miles..

Jan: 63
Feb: 31
March: 79 :)
April...92 woo-hoo
May 75
June: 102!! sweet (+half 1/2 marathon)
July 84
August 114!!!! thanks to my new UT running buddy!!
Sept: 92
Oct: 70 (not my best month)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

17 days and beyond

The 17 day diet works. If you can follow it 100%, it works really well. I have done the first cycle and then half of the 2nd cycle, started the first again, got super sick, and then took a break. Starting the first cycle again tomorrow, yes on Turkey Day I. don't care that it is the biggest eating day of the year. I need to start tomorrow to prove to myself that its still just food whether it is Feb. 3rd or Thanksgiving Day. It is still just a day, and I will still give myself 3 good meals, and the next day when I wake up I will get 3 more meals plus some healthy snacks. Its just food..
Its funny how when we are on a diet suddenly it feels as if we will never get that Oreo again if we do not grab it right then, well the Oreo will always be there tomorrow, the next day, 5 years from now, double stuffed even. We teach our bodies what to expect, and what to crave.
Take for example my friend, who happens to be a super healthy runner/vegan. She continually amazes me with her creative vegan dishes, which she honestly craves, and you would to if you saw how great they were. Now I'm not ready to give up my chicken, but we are creatures of our habits. Our habits become our reality and our reality defines us, but we can change our habits and thus create and define our own reality, and our families. ANY. TIME. WE. WANT. I believe this.
http://www.the17daydiet.com/